RSS : Articles / Comments


Friday, May 27, 2011

GOD'S Pattern -TELL THEM (-:

Happy Friday Everybody! We know that you have had a victorious week even in the midst of all your challenges --you made it through! Glory to GOD!!!
Our memory verse this week has just been rolling around in me as I have been reciting it, and writing it down to get it stamped in my heart and my brain!!!
Let's look at it again!
1 Timothy 1:16 (21st Century King James Version)
Nonetheless, for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering as a pattern for those who should hereafter believe in Him to life everlasting.


As I began to study this verse I observed several different things. The mercy in this verse also means to obtain, receive, show, mercy ON. So we can look at it this way NOT only did WE obtain mercy from GOD we NOW have the ability to also show it to others. Paul goes on to talk about the longsuffering of JESUS CHRIST shown toward him...shown forth towards all of us right. Longsuffering ( Patience) is a fruit of GOD'S Spirit and surely if you have lived this life with CHRIST for 30 years or a single day you already KNOW how patient and longsuffering GOD is towards us. Paul talks about a pattern being established that those believing in Jesus in the future, will understand the mercy and patience of GOD. Paul is saying LOOK I was the foulest sinner. I was a murderer. I was vile and yet GOD had mercy on me, GOD called me, GOD revealed Himself to me. Paul didn't come to the LORD like maybe you and did. NO Paul got knocked off his horse, JESUS talked to Him, and then he was blinded!!! WHOA!!!
Paul is showing us in the Scripture, those of us who have believed after he did how merciful and patient GOD has been with him and will be with us! THAT is what we want to communicate to others as we share JESUS. We want to show tell sinners that there is nothing that could have done or will ever do that GOD isn't willing to forgive them. ALL they have to do is repent, believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST and they WILL be saved. Also--Salvation is immediate, transformation is an every day process that will continue until we take our last breathe. Let your new converts KNOW that! Comfort them and explain that they may stumble and fall at times BUT they WILL also do very well most of the time and do great things for the Kingdom and humanity too! Tell them NOT to give up or lose heart!!! For us as CHRISTians remember as you go from day to day, as you witness and even disciple others keep in mind to show others, the SAME mercy and patience that Jesus daily shows you (-:




Let God Urge Men to Christ Through YOU! 2 Corinthians 5:20
















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~










Prayer for Everyone






GOD BLESS YOU




No comments: