RSS : Articles / Comments


Friday, August 5, 2011

Who Likes Being A Slave?

Romans 6:22
But now since you have been set free from sin and have become the slaves of God, you have your present reward in holiness and its end is eternal life.


A slave. Since the beginning of time, it has been a name and a condition that brings images to mind of persons in chains. Persons, forced against their will into a life of humiliation, abuse, and servitude. Sounds awful doesn't it. Well being a slave to MAN is but NOT to GOD (-: It is a privilege to be a slave of God. We are truly a new creature---WE are Sons, Slaves, and Saints!!!! Selah. Is there any reason why Jesus says COUNT the costs when considering a life as a disciple? At the same time how could one resist the love of the Father and His Christ??? How could we ever resist the plan of Salvation??? I know some resist Him but I was not one of them. When I heard of Who and What Christ had done I had to love him back and I had to serve Him for the rest of my life. There was no other alternative....NONE!!!!!
Yes, there are times for His sake that I'am persecuted and ridiculed. Yes, there are times for His sake that I suffer abuse. Yes, there are times when my service to Him requires more of me than my flesh wants to give, BUT I pledged allegiance to the Lamb and the only thing I can do is LOVE and SERVE Him. He is not abusive like man, His yoke is easy and His burden is light, even when my flesh wants to tell me different. As you begin to not only share Jesus, but also disciple others make sure you make this point clear---they are now slaves to the Most High. Slaves of God to help serve His people and slaves to warn a lost and dying world. Being slaves means He is also conforming us and making us better, and we have eternal life, everlasting life with Him. I know sometimes we get caught up down here....there is much that glitters and entertains, but I say, "JUST give me Jesus!!!!" I'm not impressed with man-made trinkets and such, I'm impressed with the Maker of mankind and for Him, an eternal slave I will be.




Let God Urge Men to Christ Through YOU! 2 Corinthians 5:20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayer for Everyone
GOD BLESS YOU

No comments: