RSS : Articles / Comments


Friday, October 23, 2009

Workplace Evangelism Part 2


I loved that! Kirk is clearly working, but he is clearly representing God as well. On top of that did you notice how he gave out copies of his book? Awesome. We have to make up in our minds that we are going to help people come to Jesus and grow, with every resource we have available.

Inspired? Great!! Now in any type of evangelism the main thing is...do you remember? Being prepared, being yourself, and being led by God's Spirit! Truly, We are not saying that we can do this work ourselves. It is God who makes us able to do all that we do. 2 Corinthians 3:5 He wants to use us to share Jesus and His kingdom principles, so others can experience this "newness of life with God." Acts 8:12 But when Philip told them the Good News about the kingdom of God and the power of Jesus Christ, men and women believed Philip and were baptized. Jesus is a King with a kingdom that is worth promoting with all we have!! Why? Because it's righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost!!! Romans 14:17

More on Workplace Evangelism
I had been talking to everybody in my dept about Christ for about 6 months.They knew where I stood and we had a mutual respect for one another, as well as our own individual beliefs. Why was I there? I was there to make a living AND share Jesus and the kingdom, that's it. I wasn't trying to win friends and influence people, I wasn't there to find a mate, I wasn't there to fit in or be accepted necessarily , I was there to glorify God!! Now in saying that, those very things that I WASN'T there for, happened!! Matthew 6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. God's Word manifested for me even though I wasn't seeking payment from the LORD, I was doing what I was supposed to.Luke 17:10 It is the same with you. When you have done everything you are told to do, you should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done the work we should do.' AMEN!

So I'm at work and one of my co workers who had been watching me for a while comes up to me and begins to ask questions about her particular situation. We must be mindful that when telling people what God says about his or her situation it isn't until they believe, that they become empowered to truly behave. Sometimes we expect it to be the other way around. So I talked with her and she listened. About a week later she comes to me and tells me that she is ready to accept Christ! So at lunch time we prayed, she repented, and asked Jesus to be the Lord of her life!!! Months passed and it was such a joy to watch her grow. The brother I told you about in the last posting was growing too, and he was facing some serious persecution as well. His wife not fully appreciating this Godly man, nor His new Lord left him shortly after he became a Christian. He was devastated, but he continued on with Christ. So as you can see we have to be ready to help out at all times. Church is about 7 hours a week while they work in close proximity to us 40 hours a week, so be prepared, be yourself and be led!!! To Be Continued......

Just a kind reminder, please feel free to submit your prayer requests for today.


We Are Passionate Sisters in Christ
Marva

No comments: