RSS : Articles / Comments


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Personal Evangelism Info



I wanted to start out with this fun video the Evangelism Linebacker! He's intense! His point being evangelism is important and it’s easy to come up with all kinds of excuses to NOT evangelize. Let’s explore why we should evangelize and and one of the many ways to do that. But first what is personal evangelism? It is your personal attempt to convert someone to Jesus Christ. Why would we want to do that? Isn’t that just for the Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Teachers, and Pastors? No way!!! God has employed ministers to help equip us to do the work. God expects us to assist Him in performing the works He has predestined for us do Ephesians 4:10-12.

Why evangelize? Because God commands us to and some people in our God given circles of influence are living defeated lives and are on their way to a fiery hell. Jesus said if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me. John 12:32 We are the ones He is expecting to lift up Jesus and His kingdom! We want to lead them to Jesus and then help them along on their journey if possible.

Ok so how do we do it? It always, always, requires action! It took someone telling us about Jesus, for us to hear the Gospel and come to Jesus! Whether it was your parents, your Pastor, a friend, a stranger, or a tract that somebody had placed somewhere at just the right time. You may have received Christ at home, at church, Walmart, an amusement park, or right there on the street like me. My main point is somebody, somewhere, took their ministry of reconciliation to heart.

Are you ready to be successful? How can I be so sure of your success you may ask! Because the ability and power rests on God and His Word, and NOT on our own goodness or righteousness. Romans 1:16

So you can go forth in confidence knowing that God is with you, and nothing we ever do for God is in vain.

Suggestion Number 1-The Workplace.

The workplace for me was one of continual harvests! I just let God and my love for the lost lead the way! I want you know that at first I was like Okay…I wasn’t used to being in a fish bowl. But after a couple weeks I got used to it. The key to evangelism is let God use you, be prepared, be yourself, and just flow!


You can start by reading your Bible on breaks. Whichever one(s) you feel will impact the most people. People will see you reading God’s Word consistently and then they really began to watch you! As they watch you they will come to the conclusion that you are a Christian, if they don't know already. They will watch how you handle yourself in various situations and they might even try you to see where you are at. It's fine though just hold steady and keep representing Christ. Afterward they will begin to talk to you about things, some personal and some surface, when they do you be lead by the Spirit and be prepared to exalt and or share Jesus before your conversation is done. Don’t worry! God will lead you, remember He lives in us, and He knows all about the person that we are talking to! He will give you what you need to either plant, water, or bring in the harvest. Trust Him. Afterward you will find yourself kind of discipling your new brother or sister. I gave out Bibles, Books, shared Cd's and other resources too. Whatever they needed to grow God let me know and I did it. Let me give you an example of workplace evangelism, from my own personal experience.


One co worker talked to me off and on about Christ for about a month. With each conversation I always exalted Christ! I would use myself as an example of what Christ did for me when I was in their particular situation and my continual need for the Saviour, they always were respectful and listened. Finally this young man came to talk to me again and I knew it was time for me to ask him if he would like to make a decision for Christ. He said yes, and right there at work he accepted Christ. I gave him a Bible and one of my favorite books (after the Bible) The Believer's Authority by Kenneth Hagin. He took them both and began reading both. How did I know? I would ask him questions when he'd come by my work area on breaks every now and then to see how he was progressing. Well three weeks later he called me on the phone telling me that his daughter was having seizures and he asked for me to pray as he was about to call 911. Well I didn't hear anything after that phone call until work the next day. He said that as he was about to call 911, he felt like God told him to take control over the situation. So he said he rebuked the seizures and commanded his daughter to be healed in Jesus name. He said after he did that the seizures stopped and she returned to normal! A three week old babe in Christ was exercising His authority! How cool is that!!!! Jesus gets us into Heaven no doubt, the only way we can be saved! Acts 4:12

It's important though for us to be able to share kingdom principles with those new babes after they come to Christ, so that they will know how to live and walk in God's dominion. I Thessalonians 2: 11- 13. Be encouraged as you cast your net at work, helping souls escape from the kingdom of darkness, into the kingdom of light! Your work for the LORD will help to change lives for an eternity!!!

To Be Continued....


Just a kind reminder, please feel free to submit your prayer requests for today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An the lord said unto the servant,
Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel
them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Luke 14:23
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We Are Passionate Sisters in Christ

Marva

No comments: