RSS : Articles / Comments


Thursday, December 3, 2009

Love Your Neighbor As Yourself Pt 1

Today I want to talk some more about our neighbors. Like em or not God has strategically placed you and I right where He wants us. I know we like to think that our incomes got us placed where we are or circumstances positive or negative, but as a Kingdom citizen and Ambassador we are placed wherever the King places us. So with that in mind look at where you've been placed...what is in you that your neighbors need. What is in your neighbors that you need? Yes, you may need something, remember this occurrence
2 Kings 4:3
Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few. This woman had to be a good neighbor because her neighbors gave to her, when she went to them for help. Please don't say within yourself, well I'll never need anything from them. Do you really know the God you serve? He will do whatever it takes to snatch somebody from the kingdom of darkness that means He will allow your battery to die just so you have to go to your neighbor and make contact. WHY? Because He's pursuing them....through YOU AND ME!!!! What an honor!!! We are God's legal representatives in the earth, He has given us His authority to represent Him to the world. He wants your neighbors saved just like He wanted you and I saved. Ok so maybe you and your neighbors have had some disagreements look what Jesus said way back in Leviticus 19:18
" 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. WOW!!! do you know how many times neighbors are mentioned in the Bible? Well over a 100 times and each time God is telling us to treat them fair and admonishing us to dwell side by side with them securely. I can honestly say I'm thankful for my neighbors. They are a wild bunch, they party all night, play the WII in front of their houses til 2am and because my husband and I have made ourselves available to them for loves sake and the Kings sake they come and get my husband when someone is hurting real bad. They come and get my husband when one their boys are trying to commit suicide. They come to me for food or a ride, or just talk about God. WHY? Because God loves them, and wants to love on them through you and I. It's not about us..it's about God showering them with His love through tangible means. As Christians it is so important to be actively engaged in doing God's Word. He said You shall love the LORD your GOD with all your heart, soul, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. Step out tomorrow, this week and so on and ask God how He wants you to affect your neighbors. Maybe it's buying some doughnuts for them. or cutting their grass, maybe it's just taking the time to sit and let them tell you what ails them..That's what happened to me today. I talked with my neighbors for an hour and a half and I'll tell you next Monday what happened..



Pray about it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luke 14:23
An the lord said unto the servant,
Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel
them to come in, that my house may be filled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We Are Humbled Brothers & Passionate Sisters in Christ



No comments: