RSS : Articles / Comments


Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Harvest is Plentiful



Luke 10:1-3
After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two ahead of Him into every city and place whither He Himself would come.
Therefore He said unto them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He would send forth laborers into His harvest.
Go your ways; behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves,

Do you remember these words of Christ? God is so very much concerned about souls and He is passionate about His pursuit of people. Do you remember the day that He revealed Himself to you? Do you remember the day you cried out out, or sat calmly before Him, or whispered gently in desperation, God I need YOU? Do you remember the thoughts that ran through your mind right before you called out to Him? Do you remember where you were? I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember hurting so badly as a teenager. I longed for my natural father, I longed for my step-father. I remember being so angry, so beat down, so in need of the love of my fathers, feeling ashamed that I had allowed my rage, my pain, my rebellion, and my lack of coping skills to drive me to the streets. It didn't matter that I was living in a park, or sleeping here and there. It didn't matter that I had to steal to eat and do things that I never imagined myself doing, just be able to survive and keep the pain buried deeply in shredded places of my mind, will, and emotions..my soul.

I remember, there's so much I wish I could forget... but everything finally came to a head one beautiful morning in NJ. There I was on the street broken but bold, hurting but haughty, and up walked God's laborer. She has on a dress and her hair was combed beautifully. She had a look in her eye that I couldn't ignore and when she spoke I was mesmerized. She told me about the Saviour of the world who took an awful beating for my sins, so I wouldn't have to. She told me about the love of a God who cared so much about me that He sacrificed His only son in my place. Then she told me that this God wanted to have a relationship with me. I came from a background where you worked for everything you got from God. If you didn't do it religions way then you were hell bound and cut off from the church. She wasn't offering me that, she was offering me freedom from works and love from a God who made me with His hands and formed the universe with His Word. She asked me did I want a relationship with Him and I said yes...

We don't know what the people around us are in, have come through, or are going through. Everybody doesn't have to have or has to have a drama filled life for us to reach out to them with the message of Jesus Christ and His kingdom, they just have to simply be.I know without a shadow of a doubt that I would be dead if Ms. Fawn Felicia Foster had not been willing to share Jesus with me because I was on the verge of just giving up on life period. I pray that God will show you why your participation in helping to bring in the harvest is so critical.

Remember where He met you at. Never forget that you are in a field right now that is ripe with family, neighbors, co workers, workout buddies, and friends that are just waiting for you... Waiting for you to reach your hand back and pull them up out of that miry clay. Are you be willing?

Pray about it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An the lord said unto the servant,
Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel
them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Luke 14:23
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We Are Humbled Brothers & Passionate Sisters in Christ

Marva

No comments: