RSS : Articles / Comments


Friday, November 20, 2009

Obeying God While Working Out

So Wednesday started off with a bang! I went to the house of prayer and stayed there just praying and worshiping for a couple of hours. As I left prayer I was super charged and I really wanted to talk to somebody about Jesus while I was working out. That's what our focus is right,"Lifestyle Evangelism" sharing Jesus in practical ways while we go through this life. So as I go to my favorite spot in the woods to work out the LORD starts speaking to me. I ask Him how do you want me to open this conversation. One thing I have learned from years of evangelism is that each person that God brings across your path is like a customized vehicle. There are no two alike, so my approach isn't always the same every time because God knows their hearts, I don't, so I have to lean on Him to help me know what to say to get them engaged and keep them engaged.

So I'm power walking and here comes this gentlemen and God says talk to him and I say ok..and I freeze!!! What in the world! So I say God I'm not ashamed,what happened?!? He proceeds to tell me that I was intimidated by him because of his ethnicity. I'm like REALLY?? I just repented right there on the spot and asked for help. Then I thought back to all those that I had ministered to over the years and the majority were from one race of people simply because that race of people were the majority of people in my area. Ok, so I move on and here comes another man of that same ethnicity. So as he comes toward me I ask him- can I ask you a question. He slows down and says yes, so I ask him, Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins? He stops walking and says he never really gave it much thought, he only knows that things were written about Jesus. So he starts to walk away and I ask him, Are you concerned about the afterlife?? Thank You Holy Spirit! That was another customized question to keep him engaged. He moves closer to me and says yes kind of softly I have thought about it. Then he stiffens up and says but for me when I die I'm going in the ground. I said so for you there is no Heaven or Hell right? He says yes. Then I say to him, Can I tell you something and he says yes. I begin to tell him my testimony of how I lived on the street at 15 and how God sent Ms.Fawn all the way from Ga to NJ to tell me about Jesus and all that He did for me. How much He loved me and wanted to have a relationship with me, how much He wanted me to spend eternity with Him. He listened and as I finished I invited him to accept Christ and he just shook his head and said no. I asked him could I pray for him..he said as you wish..and we parted ways. My heart broke for him, but now with that seed planted I prayed that God would keep sending laborers to water that Word believing, that God WILL get the increase.
Have a great week- end and remember you can incorporate sharing Jesus into your lifestyle! He would not have told us to do it if it were not possible to accomplish. As always..Be prepared, Be yourself and Be obedient. They are out there waiting for us...


Pray about it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luke 14:23
An the lord said unto the servant,
Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel
them to come in, that my house may be filled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We Are Humbled Brothers & Passionate Sisters in Christ



No comments: