RSS : Articles / Comments


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Street Witnessing 101

This was awesome! I really enjoyed this because I could relate to that at one time. When I started witnessing to people 28 years ago, I felt just like that as I began to share Jesus. I knew God wanted people Saved! I knew God had really Saved me and I knew that God was really,really, real but ummmmmm...I didn't think that people would receive that truth coming from me. If you read my testimony in the previous posting you will see that before Christ, I was out there in more ways than one. Even though I was a new creature the memories that were still on my hard drive haunted me and I felt unworthy to share Christ. How did I overcome that you may ask? God. He showed me how He felt about me. He showed me how much He loved me. Then He put this love in me for people that just consumed me to this very day. Meaning I couldn't let one person that was in my presence go without sharing Christ. Why? Because they may not wake up tomorrow, and I wanted them to go into eternity with Christ instead of without Him. Therein lies my intense passion and drive. Sometimes it's hard to turn off. I struggle sometimes when I go through the drive thru without my tracts. Or when I'm working out and people are all around me and I just want to get up on the exercise equipment and shout with all the love in me, REPENT for the KINGDOM of GOD is at hand!!! Maybe one day I will, but until then I will just take witnessing one opportunity at a time.

Lifestyle Opportunity- The Laundry Mat

I left the house yesterday armed with the Good News. I had read and prayed, watched some soul winning videos and I was ready!! So I'm on my way to the laundry mat and I'm looking! I see two elderly ladies but God's Spirit told me they were saved already, which later proved out. Then there was a lady but all she spoke was Spanish. I thought man I'm running out of opportunities. Then I see her, a young woman sitting alone in her car. I grab my tract, walk over to her car and lightly tap on her window. She looks at me and smiles warmly til I hold up my tract and she shakes her head no and looks away for a sec. She then turns back to me and I motion to her that I'm going to pray for her, I smile at her and walk away. Do you want to know what she saw on my tract? She saw a drawing of Jesus on the cross that had these words in big bold letters, One More Opportunity To Accept Christ! Hallelujah! That's what's cool about tracts they can talk sometimes when you can't! So I went on my way and prayed for that young lady.I had the answer to that young woman's eternal dilemma and that answer of course is Jesus Christ! That's what led me to her, and even though she didn't give me a chance to tell her more that's ok. God is going to use that drawing and the words somehow, someway, I just KNOW IT!

Did I feel rejected? Did I feel as if I failed not at all! I KNEW I was being an Ambassador for Christ. I knew that I was doing what God expected me too, share Christ. God promises that whatever we do unto Him, He will not only help and bless us with courage, but He will reward us. Like I always say I don't do anything to get a reward from God, I give and work as an act of obedience and love. As Christians whatever we do in faith God will use, He will get the glory out of it because there is no failure when we attempt to do anything for Him. So is there anything that's holding you back from sharing Jesus on your journey?? Maybe your afraid, maybe you just need a little boost! Well please use me!!! I've been on this journey a long time and I still get butterflies but when I think about the fact that this person standing in front of me might die without Jesus, that's when the juices start flowing and I start going!!! May I encourage you...let your knowledge of the truth of Jesus Christ and your love for people get you involved and keep you engaged in lifestyle evangelism!!!
And remember.. Be prepared, be yourself, and be obedient.


Pray about it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luke 14:23
An the lord said unto the servant,
Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel
them to come in, that my house may be filled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We Are Humbled Brothers & Passionate Sisters in Christ



1 comment:

Prayer and Word for Everyone said...

Marva your LIGHT shines & shows!!! This is wonderful and so encouraging and would give anybody courage in Jesus our LORD the gift of salvation. I thank God for you and you are surely blessed to be blessing!!!

Love you much *